Big Five Pilanesberg Day Tour
R2350 per person
Experience the Pilanesberg National Park on our full day Big Five Pilanesberg Day Tour consisting of a morning game drive in an open 4×4 game viewing vehicle, and afternoon game drive in a 4×4 air-conditioned vehicle. Lunch is included in the package, ensuring you have the ultimate Pilanesberg Day Tour experience.
What to expect from the Pilanesberg Day Tour
Visit Pilanesberg Game Reserve from Johannesburg for a full-day safari. This tour is perfect for those short of time. Pilanesberg National Park is only a quick two hour drive from Johannesburg, which makes it the perfect destination for a 1 day safari tour. You’ll spend a busy day exploring the Big Five reserve and will have amble opportunity to see fantastic wildlife and soak in the incredible scenery of the National Park.
The tour includes return transportation to the park and two game drives with a highly qualified guide in an air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle. Search for the big Five and other animals.
- Transport for the duration of the safari
- Professional guide (FGASA registered) who has an excellent knowledge of the park and is very familiar with the routes traveled while on safari, and where to find the highest concentrations of animal and bird life
- Light lunch during the heat of the day
- Your guide will always try and position the vehicle in a way which allows for guests to take the best photos under the circumstances. You will also stop at panoramic viewpoints along the way, to ensure you get the best scenic photographs.
- Collection and drop off from any address in Johannesburg in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance into the Pilanesberg National Park
- 2.5 to 3 hours guided morning safari drive in 4×4 open game viewing vehicle
- 2 to 2.5 hours guided afternoon safari drive in 4×4 air-conditioned vehicle
- Light lunch in Pilanesberg
- Personal purchases
Pilanesberg National Park is South Africa’s fourth largest game park, situated in a volcanic crater in the Bojanala Region of the North West Province. The park covers an area of 55 000 hectares, and is home to more than 7000 animals. Pilanesberg is home to all of the Big Five (elephant, rhino, leopard, buffalo and lion) and on most game drives yield most if not all of the coveted five! Other animals that you may encounter are zebra, giraffe, cheetah, hyena, hippo, crocodile, jackal, wild cat, various antelope as well as over 300 bird species.
Pilanesberg offers over 200 km of roads and on our one day Pilanesberg Day Tour, you will enjoy an extensive game drive conducted by an experienced and knowledgeable tour guide. Your guide will answer all questions about the fascinating wildlife and landscape.
Cancellation & refund policy
Full refund if cancelled due to weather. Cancellation fee can be withheld if cancelled with short notice.
- 1 day notice: 100% charge
- 3 days notice: 50% charge
- 7 days notice: 25% charge